Hunting season in North Texas runs from September thru January with the best time being December thru January. This North Texas Hunting Club is located in Weatherford on the highest point in Parker County. Duck and Dove hunting in North Texas is a great tradition made even easier with Silver Creek Guide Service. We recommend if you will be bringing your younger kids along to book a private hunt to ensure they have plenty of chances to shoot.
Hunts We Offer
- At Silver Creek Guide Service we offer several budget-friendly guided hunting options.
- Basic Hunt. This option is great for a quick mid-week hunt. This option is available on the weekend but does require at least 2 or more hunters and there is no guarantee you will be hunting without another party.
- Private Hunt. Our private hunt is the best option if you are wanting to hunt by yourself or exclusively with up to 5 other friends. On our private hunt, you will also be allowed to bring your own hunting dog along to get some training in with mans best friend.
- Multi-Day Hunts. Multi-day hunts are a great option to get more time in shooting. These hunts are located in Throckmorton and Albany and allow an opportunity to shoot
bullsprigs, canvasbacks, widgeons and more!
Planning A Hunting Trip
So you have picked your perfect guided hunting experience, now its time to get ready. What will you need to bring and expect on your trip?
- A valid Texas hunting license, if you were born after 1972 you will need a hunters safety card.
- Clothing. Clothing that you will need to bring is a camouflage jacket, lined rubber boots, warm socks, a face mask and waders. There usually isn’t much wading but we recommend bringing waders just in case but we do have extras if needed.
- Guns. A given for any hunting experience is a gun we recommend 12, 16 or 20 gauge mid-week. Lead shot is illegal for
water fowlso make sure you have non-toxic or steel rounds.
- Cooler and Freezer bag. You will need these to take home your kills and trust us you will fill them up!
Booking A Hunt
When you are ready to book a hunt all you need to do is contact Silver Creek Guide Service and we will help you get your session booked. We do require a 50% deposit with a refund if notified with 3 weeks notice. If you cancel within those 3 weeks we will refund 50% of the deposit but anything 48 hours before we are not able to refund. We do not provide lodging but we have several hotels in the area that we recommend for your
We look forward to showing you how Silver Creek Guide Service can give you the best hunting season you’ve ever had. Book now to reserve your guided hunt, or feel free to Reach Out for any questions you may still have.