Preparing for a Private Hunt
Welcome to Silver Creek Guide Service, your premier service for guided dove hunts and private duck hunts in North Texas. Since 1989 we have been guiding hunters on private land to hunt the birds and waterfowl that they are after. With over 25 ponds originated on our land, it creates the perfect atmosphere for hunting. Our scouts are out checking these areas daily to make sure they are bountiful when you show up to hunt. If this is your first time on a private hunt we can help you be prepared for the event.
Things to know for a Private Hunt:
- You will need a valid Texas Hunting License with both the state and federal waterfowl stamps
- Dress Warm, you will need warm socks and shoes. You will be hunting near water so make sure your shoes are rubber lined.
- 12, 16, and 20 Gauge Shotguns are best
- Call ahead to book your hunt, spots fill of fast and we require 50% deposit to book your hunt
- Make sure to bring a cooler and bags to take your birds home in
- Dogs only allowed on private hunts.
Click here to see our different hunting packages! We have something for everyone’s interest and budget.
If you have any questions or concerns as you are preparing for a private hunt, don’t hesitate to contact us.